Thursday, August 30, 2007

Painting, and Cheetah fabric

Here is that painting I was working on:
My niece was scared of the doll I sent because of the poorly rendered face. My other niece decided she wants a cheetah doll. My sister said, "That would be cool if you could find some fuzzy cheetah fabric." I said, "You'll be lucky if I make the body of the cheetah out of muslin and paint on some stripes with acrylic!" She told me cheetahs don't have stripes. I googled it and educated myself on cheetah coloration/marking. Then I found this great, fuzzy cheetah fabric today at Hobby Lobby!!! (Now I have to figure out what to do with it. I'm already pondering how to make the legs stick out of the body in a recognizable fashion). I suppose I could get a pattern for making a stuffed animal, but what would be the fun in that? My niece wants marbles for the eyes, but I found some green plastic "animal eyes" at the store so I'll stick those in, and I'm thinking of putting in some kind of wire form for the legs and neck and tail. But I'll have to go back to the craft store for that. YAY! THE CRAFT STORE!