Friday, August 22, 2008

More Quilts: 1997 and 1998

This was my first baby quilt. I made it with pastel solids, using the 'broken dishes' pattern, in 1997 or 1998.
My sister has been into the Civil War for many years. I copied some passages out of a book she had, along with photos of her favorite generals, and transferred them to fabric. Then I pieced together (a hodge-podge, really) all the different elements.

This quilt was made in ~1997 or 1998 based on a specific design someone wanted.
I did not use accurate seam allowances, nor did I ever press any seams back then. So sometimes the finished result was somewhat an atrocity. Piecing of rows always resulted in puckers, sometimes one or two inches long (horrors!!!). But I sewed right through them and didn't seem to think it was a big deal. (I do know better now.)

Here is another quilt, the layout and fabrics were picked by someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment