Friday, August 22, 2008

More Quilts: 1998 and 1999

I made this Sawtooth Star in 1998 and 1999. I recall this being the first quilt where I actually pressed the seams. I finished off the edges (before quilting it) and handquilted it. There are 100 stars but I only finished quilting 70 of the stars, so technically it is still unfinished. It is much prettier and more colorful in real life.

This Bear's Paw was made (the top, anyway) in 1999. A friend wanted a quilt so I helped him make it. He chose this pattern and the colors. I designed the quilt and made an error in calculation (forgetting the squares are on point) - resulting in a finished King top instead of the ~Full we thought we had planned. He sewed and I ironed seams. It is a lovely quilt. I hope it did not fall apart since it was sewn with a super-old Kenmore - the machine only sewed about 10 stitches per inch.

No comments:

Post a Comment