Friday, August 22, 2008

More Quilts: 2004-2006

In October 2005, I saw a quilt hanging in a quilt shop that had strips and squares and my mind formed this version (above) with lights and darks alternating. I had it long-arm quilted with a pretty variagated thread. This quilt is a little larger than a queen. It is one of my favorites. Later I found the pattern for the quilt I had seen hanging: Allegro, by Atkinson Designs.

I made this baby quilt in late 2006. It was my first attempt at machine quilting:
This quilt was made based on an article in American Patchwork and Quilting magazine in 2006, called 'Kids in a Candy Store.' I have tried unsuccessfully to locate the article or pattern for a useful link. I think it is beautiful. The white is a white-on-white with pretty dots that form bubbles. Aren't the bright colors fabulous:
This quilt was made in 2005 and early 2006 from Linda Ballard's Peppermint & Sassafrass, which introduced me to several new techniques, including half-triangle squares, and popping seams.

This was a baby quilt made in 2004. At the time I was still tie-ing quilts
One of my first wall-hangings. This was done for a Value Recognition exercise from Gai Perry's book 'Color From the Heart; in January 2006:
This was a small quilt in 2005: My second wall-hanging, made in early 2006. I had seen a quilt made entirely of these Flying Geese blocks in a quilt shop.
This little doll quilt was made in 2006. It is tiny but I love the colors. I placed pieces on top of one another and stitched on top of it all, using stabilizer, which I removed before quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment