Monday, August 11, 2008

Quilts - a beginning

I'm going to post photos for all the quilts I've made that I can manage to find photos of, starting chronologically backwards and working my way forward in time to the present.

I got into quilting in 1995. The first quilt I ever made is seen in the lower left-hand corner of this photo: It was a simple quilt made with a bunch of colorful squares and two different fabrics for the inner border, then the back was a sheet that was turned to the front for the outer border/'binding'. The quilt was tied. That was how I made all of my quilts (with a few exceptions that were handquilted) for the first ~10 years of my quilting life. My mom showed me how to operate the sewing machine. The other quilts in this photo were made later, in 1996 and 1997.

No comments:

Post a Comment