Wednesday, November 26, 2008

ATC Factory

Tonight I decided to make some ATCs. I started by free-motion quilting on a piece of pink batik fabric and a layer of batting underneath.
Then I whacked the quilted piece into 3"x2" pieces, and cut up some of my favorite scrapbook papers (as I do not ACTUALLY scrapbook, they were available for me to use for this other, non-scrapbooky project), and printed up some "good words." I wanted to use happy words, so I typed out the first 12 or so that came to me, printed them, and sliced them into strips, along with my contact info for the backs of the cards. At this point it felt like a little factory:
I stitched the edges of the little quilted pieces down to the paper. The first one came out at an angle, but then I decided I liked it better that way so I did the same thing with the rest. Then I glued on a word:
And glued the labels to the backs:
And I have a series of 12~!
This project was a lot of fun. Now I need to find something to do with them. Anyone wanna trade?

No comments:

Post a Comment