Tuesday, November 25, 2008

ATCs and a Novel

I recently joined an ATC (Artist Trading Card) swap for 2009. It is international so it will be very cool. I'm really excited to exchange with artists in other countries. Meanwhile, tonight I made my first ATC, and surfed some cool sites with ideas. Here is a great Squidoo site you can check out. I cut out some of my favorite scrapbook cardstock into 2.5"x3.5" pieces, then sewed on fabric/batting, and embellished lightly with square beads, then added my blogsite and a stamp I made to the back. I'll call this one "Number One."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The whole working-on-ATC-bit-while-watching-House-on-Fox probably WAS just a procrastination measure against writing - but I'm at 36,000+ words this month for my NaNoWriMo novel, so it's coming along and I should definitely be able to eek out the 50,000th word by the end of 11/30/2008.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I ordered some mini-cards from Moo and I'm totally excited. I uploaded 50 photos of my art, quilts, and flower pictures I've taken in the last few years, and some trees, bugs, lightning, and some family members. I think my only problem will be actually forcing myself to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment