Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sketch in Gimp

I sketched a flower in Gimp, duplicated the layer, did a x/2, y/2 offset to one of the layers, then did a horizontal flip and recolored the other layer, then added some colored dots and a background layer, merged the layers and exported. This is getting to be a little bit more like something I actually like, with the colors and shapes. I'm excited to learn more about this and begin producing the things that are in my head. I ordered a few books from Amazon, including A Field Guide to Fabric Design by Kim Kight and Mastering the Art of Fabric Printing and Design by Laurie Wisbrun; as well as Making an Impression: Designing & Creating Artful Stamps by Geninne Zlatkis because I've always loved her artwork!


I uploaded this to Spoonflower and I really like how it looks. This might just be my favorite upload yet!