I finished this baby quilt that I was plotting out here using EQ6. I like how it turned out. One of my plans for the next year is to try to use more white space in my quilts.
gussets on everything. The seahorse thing was a mild disaster but I did hand-stitch in the horn and I thought that went well. I'm not going to post a photo of the seahorse because the whole thing looked kind of atrocious by the end. Apparently my friend's daughter loves it though! Her favorite part is the part I don't like, a gusset situation that went awry.
I made this animal which was meant at first to be a dinosaur but I didn't feel like making big legs and I was experimenting with the bottom gusset and the face gusset.
Here's one I did tonight. Stuffing the legs and arms was tedious but I used the brush end of a long paintbrush to push the stuffing into the narrow openings, which helped. It has a little green tail and cream hands and feet.
this tutorial where she shows how to knit the sock on a circular needle. Now that's what I'm talking about- I just can't imagine trying to handle FIVE needles at once. I've managed to watch all the videos but haven't started on my sock yet. I admit it's still a little intimidating. She even shows how to turn the heel and do the gussets on the sock. That part is a bit counterintuitive, for sure, but was really enjoyable to watch. Seriously.
I participated in a craft project involving pieces of felt and beads and embroidery floss. There was also a bunch of pretty buttons to pick from. I chose this greenish yellow/blue button and then embroidered a flower using some greenish/blue/gray beads. Maybe I'll make it into a refrigerator magnet...