Sunday, February 28, 2016

Baby quilt: Color Puzzle

Here is what I've got so far:

I picked out a bunch of fabrics for a baby boy quilt and whittled them down to this pile:

I cut out one 6" square from each fabric:


Then I paired them together and stitched half-square triangles, cut, ironed, squared up. I started arranging them on the design wall.

 I decided the above wasn't going to be big enough so I added another row to top and bottom and column on left and right:

Then kept moving squares around:


I'm still working on this. I might have to sew some more squares to get exactly what I want but I like it so far:

And here are 3 crazy squares I've pieced with a huge scrap pile that's been accumulating for years. It's a bit tedious but relaxing and fun in a way:

1 comment:

  1. Dear Leah, it is a so wonderful surprise open Blogger today and see your posts. Thanks a lot for updating!
    Beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete