Saturday, December 31, 2016

Pixel color inspiration

I was looking for a photo and when I cropped it and zoomed in I saw these pixels in the top corner - the original picture was a photo with colorful trees in the background. I've thought about this idea off and on for several years- find pretty, interesting pixel groups in my photographs, then make quilts based on the color groupings or use the color palette as a starter for a painting.

The above square was taken from a small portion of this:

Which was taken from a small portion of this tree photo:

Think of all the possibilities! HAPPY NEW YEAR! May your 2017 be happy and full of color!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Leah, thanks a lot for your lovely post!
    Yes, I guess that pixel figures would work well in quilts being so colorful.
    Thanks for posting, I miss your posts.
    A great January for you.

    ReplyDelete