Monday, July 23, 2007

Next Quilt, and Chicken Salad

I made this chicken salad sandwich this weekend, it is my mom's recipe, but it is slightly modified. The croissant is essential, and the sprouts, though it's also good enough on wheat tortillas (and thereby much healthier). Plus the strawberries make it pretty.

Here is the recipe (how I make it): chop the following and mix it in a dish: A cooked chicken breast, a green onion, some cilantro, some water chestnuts, and a little bit of mayonaisse, a sprinkle of curry powder, salt and pepper, and a little bit of crushed red pepper. Slice open a croissant and lay down a bed of alfalfa sprouts and then throw on a large amount of the mix, and enjoy.

And this is the next baby quilt I'm making, I took a bunch of 4 1/2" squares from my stash so it took awhile to cut. Then I just spent a few minutes laying out this design. I'll let it sit on my floor a few days, then come back later and see if I still like it like that.