Monday, January 7, 2008

Block a Week


I've decided to do a Block-A-Week in 2008. I just decided this tonight, and I feel extra lucky because it's the last day of the first week of the year so I have a few short hours to make a block. After thinking for a few minutes about what I wanted to do, I decided to make blocks dedicated to Spain, to be compiled at the end of the year into a quilt. The sidewalks in Spain are all textured in some way -I think it's to prevent people from slipping when the walks are slick- most have patterns of some kind. I have 26 patterns written down, so I could do two blocks from each pattern. I just sketched the squares though, so my block preparation will include drafting patterns. The first block will require 12 half-square triangle squares (is that what they're officially called?).

No comments:

Post a Comment