Saturday, October 12, 2013
Experimenting with: Viva Inka Gold Metallic Rub and Luminarte Artist Pigments
I used watercolor and gouache for most of the underlying colors, plus a little bit of green and yellow Golden Fluid Acrylics for the green, then added some block printing inks (Speedball) with a brayer and stencils - we also got two new stencils, including the large circles one that you can see on the left side over the yellow and orange, and a hexagon one on the right side over the yellow. Some shimmery Irridescent Pearl Golden Fluid Acrylics on bubble wrap pressed over the middle added a wonderful shine to the whole situation.
And this is a little piece I did recently when showing a friend how to play around with paints. We were originally making a house in the middle with trees on either side, a stormy sky above, and a river in front.