Monday, January 12, 2015

Chevron baby quilt - FINISHED

I like how colorful and bright this turned out! I've never quilted a quilt using stitch in the ditch so I wasn't as proficient as I'd have liked. But it was a good experience. I'm curious to know what it will look like after it's washed a few times.

It was my first time in a Long time using a walking foot and the pedal at the same time (only done it once or twice before), since I'm spoiled with the Bernina 440QE optical lens and free-motion quilting. I really liked how DIYMommy quilted her Chevron quilt so I did the same thing with this one.

Here is the back, mostly all Kaffe Fasset's fabrics which I love for their wonderful color:

I made the binding with 3 different pink fabrics, one dark, one medium and one light. Here are a few close-up shots:



3 comments:

  1. Wow, Leah, your quilt is BEAUTIFUL!!
    So colorful!
    I am sure the baby (and his/her mother) will love it.
    Thanks so much for sharing the result of your effort.
    You cheer me up, believe me.
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete