Thursday, December 25, 2014

More quilt ideas

The nice thing about EQ6 is I can quickly mock up an idea of something. For example, I saw this lovely herringbone quilt by Christina at DIYMommy and am thinking about making it for this baby quilt, but wanted to know just how different it would look to have the strip angles at 45 degrees vs 60 degrees, so I did these two EQ6 samples (again, not terribly pleased with the limited color palette):

This has strips at 60 degrees:
This has strips at 45 degrees:
I definitely like the one with 60 degrees better. Then I started thinking about making the 'blocks' wider than they are tall. In the EQ6 mockup - you can't see the block outlines on the images I exported, but I wanted the width to be greater than in the image above, so I did this one:
It doesn't really look wider on the screen, so it's deceptive, but ultimately there ARE more strips

What about this one, the strips are cut at 75 degrees:
I think I like the top one the best.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leah!
    Thanks for leting me speak directly here!
    I saw all these samplers and I thought to myself: you would put a border in this baby quilt?
    Thanks?

    ReplyDelete