Saturday, September 7, 2013

Recent artwork

This started as a much larger piece of paper and I was experimenting with a bunch of media including gouache, watercolor, neocolor crayons, charcoal, acrylic etc. I also added some layers of ink with stencils. I didn't like the finished result as a whole, so I cut out the part I liked the most, which is this part:
I've also done a few art journal entries lately. This is just a portion of the entry, there are also some small houses and some stamped words.
This has a quote I liked from The Art of War (Sun Tzu): "While heeding the profit of my counsel, avail yourself also of any helpful circumstances over and beyond the ordinary rules." I used some gold and silver paint to highlight some parts and made marks over the paint with a marker.
Of course the 'leftovers' from printmaking can always serve to provide scraps for collage-making at a later date: